Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vancouver Courthouse Crit

To start off I just want to put it out there that I love crits. I actually love bike racing in all its forms but crits are my favorite. Maybe its the rush that comes with high speeds and battling for postion, or maybe its the fact that crits make for excellent photo opportunities (I also love having my picture taken...)

That aside Hammer Velo had a strong showing on Sunday. Juan, Jamie, and I were all in the cat 4 mens race. Jamie talked of maybe going off the front with 10 laps to go as the course was loaded with corners and was to a breakaways advantage. This is much easier said than done but Jamie had a strong ride none the less. Juan also continued his podium streak with his 3rd place finish. As for my race...I started out strong and was able to hang on for a number of laps until the pace got ramped up and I went off the back (crits are my favorite but I never said my specialty). I still felt like I rode well and can feel myself getting stronger. Congradulations to Sam who finished 3rd in the womens 1/2/3 race, as well as Beth, Anna, Mindy, and Alice who also raced and had strong finishes.

-Chris

1 comment: