Tuesday, June 2, 2009

PIR - 6/1/09

Well, it was a strange night out at PIR on Monday night starting with the Philadelphia-style-cheese-steak-slime-humidity. Thanks, but no thanks.

Jon rocked it in the novice5's, placing a strong fourth after a strategic race.
I picked up the win on the first hot spot for $10 and got nipped at the line for third on another by Joe Martin (of Veloce, who is quickly becoming my new nemesis). I got placed third overall for the night based on points, which was really a formality since our finish was scrubbed because of the horrible crash in the women's race. Kristin of Ironclad is pretty banged up, but apparently showing good signs. We are all thinking about her, and sending out healing thoughts.

I was pretty thankful and happy that my own teamates escaped severe physical injury last night. It's always scary when you hear the bikes hit the ground and shattering of plastic that inevitiably comes with it. Seems like just about every night I'm at PIR someone goes down, sometimes pretty close by. Its a dangerous sport, cycling. Anyway, I mostly wanted to give a huge shoutout to my teamates who were there at the scene when things went bad. I was blown away by how compassionate, caring, worried, helpful, and supportive to one another you all were. It made me very proud to call you all teammates.

Rubber side down.

No comments:

Post a Comment